Position Description and Purpose:
Second and Third Shift Available, the General Laborer can be broken down into two sub-categories; Inspectors and Packers/Stackers.
- Inspectors: As needed, inspectors may be placed on the line from time to time to pull out material that is non-conforming. The inspector is responsible for:
- Knowing the difference between a good, bad and an acceptable pouch and/or acceptable unwrapped product.
- Check date codes and pouch seals regularly
- If product is defective, the inspector will notify quality control to review the need to hold product, and then will notify the machine operator to make corrections.
- Notify the machine operator if a lot of rewrap is being generated.
- Staying on the line at all times. The inspector is not to leave their line without permission of the foreman and not until the person replacing them knows what they are doing.
- The inspector will assist in keeping the line clean.
- Packers/Stackers: are responsible for:
- Knowing the correct carton/pouch/case code and making sure they are legible.
- Verifying the cases are correct for the product being produced.
- Prevents defective product from entering the case.
- Inspect prior to packing that all individual units are free from defects. These include:
- excess glue
- skewed cartons poor pouch seals
- illegible codes and/or no codes.
- Fill out case/skid count sheets each hour and make the appropriate adjustments to your sheets as necessary.
- Stay on the line at all times. The stacker/packer is not to leave their line without permission of the foreman and not until the person replacing them knows what they are doing.
- Assist in keeping the area clean.
Line Cleanup and Inspection:
The general laborer as directed by the foreman and the sanitarian must be able to clean and know what is involved for a blow down cleanup, a blow down wash, kosher, organic, and a 100% allergen clean up. The general laborer must work in tandem with the person in charge of the line to ensure that the line cleanup goes smoothly and that the line is put back into production as soon as reasonably possible.
Quality Management System:
The general laborer will share any discrepancies with the QMS to their supervisor orquality manager. These discrepancies are but not limited to HACCP programs, AllergenPrograms, Sanitation Procedures, GMP findings, Foreign Material Findings and HOLD procedures.
Required and Desired Qualifications:
This position is fast paced and requires basic math and reasoning skills. The general laborer must be flexible in the hours and days that they work and be available as needed for inter-company work or weekend work as deemed necessary by the Company.