Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Summary The Stockroom Clerk maintains maintenance spare parts inventory, orders parts, stocks shelves, and maintains inventory records and reports. This role is responsible for a majority of OGS buyer tasks with a focus on supplier functions and contract agreements.
Essential Job Duties
- Orders maintenance parts as they are used from inventory. Updates the computerized inventory.
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices. Updates the computerized inventory.
- Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
- Stores articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
- Takes end of period inventory and performs weekly cycle counting.
- Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
- Marks identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles.
- Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
- Utilizes Oracle ERP procurement system workflows to process purchase requisitions and create purchase orders within established customer service guidelines.
- Manages the procurement process from requisition to product or service receipt and successfully resolve problems with delivery, supply, service, payment and purchase order closing.
- Supports facility buyers and facility stakeholders responsible for various facility based functions such as engineering, maintenance, sanitation, shipping and others that require goods and services for operations.
- Monitors and evaluate supplier performance and maintain appropriate documentation related to supplier relationships. Recommend replacement of underperforming suppliers when appropriate.
- Monitors lead times and take corrective action to ensure on-time availability of needed goods and services so problems are detected early or prevented entirely.
- In partnership with procurement team, seek and implement cost reduction initiatives as leader or member of cross-functional teams.
- Understands, adhere and communicate to others the applicable company policies related to suppliers, terms, approvals, and procurement.
- May assist in researching and evaluating potential new suppliers and provide the necessary interface with internal customers.
- Assists in the administration of department continuous objectives and programs.
- Works with conformance to all legal, ethical and social standards as outlined by corporate policy.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year certificate from college or technical school; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer someone with prior mechanic experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.