Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- General Worker, Bakery Sanitation
- Sanitation Lead/Supervisor
To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
Applies basic skills to ensure that product to meet company specifications. Training program will include how training will occur and the exit criteria will verify skill requirements which could include results of the exit criteria to prove comprehension. This could be in the form of written, verbal and/or demonstration for compliance. Oriented with equipment and work area. Performs duties and tasks routinely. Adapts techniques to meet special cleaning needs.
Responsibilities of the position consist of but are not limited to:
- Sign in on your line Staffing sheet
- Be at your work station on time.
- Follow Company Safety Rules and LOTO procedures.
- Follow all Food Safety and GMP Policies
- Clean front office washrooms, offices, Lunchrooms, Locker-rooms, Hand-wash stations and Hallways.
- Follow cleaning chemicals and sanitizer Safety-Procedures.
- Maintain Dispensers: Paper towels, Toilet paper, Soap and Sanitizer in all locations.
- Empty garbage containers: in lunchrooms, locker rooms, bathrooms main office & cubicles.
- Floor Cleaning of the Departmental offices; Warehouse, Production, Maintenance and Main office & Cubicles.
- Communicates any issues to Leadership immediately.
- Maintain stored-area clean and organized to Standard.
- Follow the Allergen Program Procedure and the Yellow ticket policy for clean-up of allergens.
- Follow the Maintenance Red Tag Program Procedure.
- Follow the Cleaning Procedures for equipment in plant.
- Expected to work in areas as needed.
- This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
- Support quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices and food safety and quality standards.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school education and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous sanitation experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and use hands, or touch objects.
- Wear toe-protective footwear.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ARYZTA Northlake bakery is a 24 hour/7 day manufacturing operation.
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty and loud environment
- Must comply with all personnel safety policies and procedures at all time
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for task at hand (i.e. ear plugs, bump cap, safety glasses and/or face shields)
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Required to maintain assigned work areas clean and organized
- Keep all equipment in sanitary condition
- Follows all work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ability to work different shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.