ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration
Under the direct supervision of the Sanitation Manager. The Sanitoris responsible forthecleaning and sanitizing of production equipment according to the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures outlined by the Company. We hold qualify in our product to the highest level, and a sanitary work environment is essential for ensuring quality product is delivered to our customers.
In order to become a successful member of the Sanitation department, a person must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule, able to keep up in a fast paced environment, and not afraid to get "dirty."
- Maintains cleanliness, sanitation and upkeep of production equipment and production areas in accordance with Company and regulatory agency quality and food safety standards
- Responsible for all cleaning of soiled supplies and equipment used in the production process. All buildings (administration, production, distribution) must be maintained according to department health codes.
- Maintains all buildings by washing walls, ceilings, floors, removing trash and disinfects all refrigerator units and cleans trash room.
- May operate rack washer, washer extractors and dryers.
- Performs maintenance cleaning on rack washer, washer extractor and dryer.
- Responsible for maintaining supplies such as paper products for bathrooms and towel dispensers in all buildings.
- Oversees storage of all cleaning supplies and disinfecting equipment and supplies as instructed.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- Efficiently disassembles and assembles production equipment for proper cleaning.
- Adheres to all GMP guidelines in the performance of job.
- Is aware of the chemical properties and proper use of cleaning solutions and applies knowledge in their proper use.
- Keeps accurate cleaning records of equipment, areas in accordance with SSOP s.
- Keeps chemical room orderly and clean at all times
- Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled and stored.
- Follows rules and regulations to ensure food safety, quality, and legality.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required by the Manager or Supervisor.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Applications and operation of equipment and machines used in the cleaning process.
- Work cooperatively with others.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Good communication skills (verbal & written); bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- Hard working, dependable, safety conscious and team oriented.
The following physical activities are performed on a regular or continuous basis throughout the time an employee is working:
Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 10 to 100 pounds of supplies and trash with the aid of co-workers.
Pushing / Pulling
With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push/pull proofing racks with product, containers on wheels from 10 to 500 pounds approximately 15 to 100 feet.
Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to wash, clean, launder and store supplies.
Exposure to Temperature Changes
This occurs frequently when cleaning the walk in coolers
Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills due to the operation of rack washer, washer extractor and dryers.These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting and distributing tools and supplies to staff and communicating with co-workers.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.