Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Responsible for safe and efficient handling of baked products (Muffins, Scones, Cakes, Breads, Cookies, etc.) and packaging of these products in appropriate Packaging.
- Works in a safe, clean and responsible manner.
- Operate and monitor high speed continuous production line including placing dough in pans/sheets and placing on moving conveyors.
- Visually inspect product for quality deviations.
- Responds positively with sense of urgency while meeting quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Performs all product-handling activities (i.e., counting, packing, sealing, labelling, palletizing).
- (No supplies, gloves, hairnets, beard nets, or tools should be left on top of the equipment at any given time)
- Know and follow GMP guidelines.
- Maintain required hygiene and follows safety practices as established.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Effectively communicate with Leads, co-workers and department staff from all areas of operation.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with the work hours as needed.
- Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep work stations cleaned, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: a) wiping and washing equipment and tools, b) scraping, mopping of floors, c) trash removal.
- High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred
- Previous experience in a baking environment preferred
- Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions.
- Must have good command of The English language.
- Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to subordinates, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For line manufacturing environment hearing protection is mandatory. Employees move between hot and cold environments. Temperatures may be around 45F or 100F and in between. Hottest temp months between May & September. Exposed to moving equipment through the shift. Exposed to milk, eggs, butter, chocolate ingredients used in our products.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.