Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- $4,000 One-Time Hiring Bonus will be paid out in increments
- $2,000 after successfully completing the 90-day probationary period
- $1,000 after 6 months of continuous employment
- $1,000 after 12 months of continuous employment
Signing bonus is taxable and all regular payroll taxes will be withheld
**Must be employed with BBU at the time the Sign-on Bonus#39; are scheduled for payment to be eligible to receive the bonus**
The Fleet Mechanic is responsible for service work, troubleshooting, diagnostic, state inspections within the shop for semi-trailers and route trucks. This also includes road call work as needed, and body repair.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA
- Competitive starting pay: $23.07/hour
- Growing organization
- BBU specific wellness and discount programs available to take advantage of
- Paid Time Off
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform all mechanical repairs needed to all types of vehicles/equipment and to make proper decisions to make sure all vehicles/equipment are ready to safely operate when needed.
- Inspection of truck to verify that there are no DOT infractions and repair as required.
- Provide Preventative Maintenance and Federal Inspections of the location#39;s area Fleet Trucks and Trailers.
- Perform light and heavy duty repairs.
- Using hand tools, electric drills, and air tools.
- Worker is subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current and moving objects carrying considerable weight and force.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Ability to attend service calls with courtesy and professionalism
Education and Work History:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ideal candidate will possess:
1-3 years of experience preferred
Must pass DOT Physical and DOT Road Test.
Work requires the ability to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand work, safety instructions and comply with DOT.
Must be able to do basic math calculations to count, verify, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must be proficient in the use of a computer.
Be able to work unsupervised and attend service calls with courtesy and professionalism.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans or Vets
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.