Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
3rd shift - 10pm - 6:30am *Must Work Weekends*
The Technician I, FSQA-Bakery is a contributing member of the team-oriented FSQA process, including responsibility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing and completing required documentation to meet Aspire Bakeries Integrated Management System Program (AIMS) requirements.
- Understanding of and demonstrates Aspire Bakeries core values and acts with integrity, takes ownership in their work, proactively identifies the needs of our customers, generates creative and new ideas, and promotes an environment where our people and foods are safe.
- Understanding of the Food Safety and Quality Objectives and Global Food Safety and Quality Policy.
- Verifies all applicable Company expectations are met.
- Ensure that our foods meet Company standards and specifications.
- Understanding and identification of non-conforming raw materials, semi-finished and finished foods.
- Report food safety and quality non-conformances and deviations to FSQA Manager.
- Placing food on hold physically and in SAP for further evaluation.
- Communicate any human, food or equipment safety concerns to Supervision immediately.
- Support the Hazard Analysis & Risk-Based Preventive Controls Food Safety Team in the participation of an effective Food Safety plan focused on the elimination of biological, chemical, physical and economically motivated hazards from our foods
- Conduct sampling, testing, and documentation of the Aspire Bakeries Integrated Management System (AIMS), including procedures and records.
- Understanding and verification of 21 CFR 117 Subpart B Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), Prerequisite and Preventive Control Programs and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Participate in Pre-operational inspections with a cross-functional team. Physical bakery inspections, such as GMP and Hygiene, Food Safety, Foreign material, Glass and Hard Plastics, etc.
- Complete sensory, physical, and packaging evaluations on finished food and report the results to bakery management
- Verify finished food case labels are accurate.
- Basic understanding and verifying of the bakeries QAP. Quality Control Points are being monitored at the prescribed frequency, with the correct method, and documented standard as outline din the QAP or quality procedure.
- Trained in and follow the Critical to Quality Control Points as identified in AIMS 5.0 Quality Flow Diagram and verification that manufacturing is adhering to monitoring checks.
- Understanding of the Food Safety Flow Diagram as outlined in AIMS 7.0 HACCP Food Safety and Preventive Control Program and verification that manufacturing is adhering to CCP monitoring checks.
- Verification of the Manufacturing and visual aids.
- Basic training and understanding of SPC and QCP checks recorded in MII, including the quality dashboard for those Bakery locations using MII.
- Trained in and verification of AIMS Net Weight Policy and MAV limits.
- Verification of lot traceability, how packaging and raw ingredients are coded, coding of finished foods, and recipe verification against the manufacturing specification.
- Verification and understanding of AIMS Document Control and Record Completion Procedures.
- Verification and understanding of AIMS Programs (i.e. 8.0 GMP, Hygiene and Personnel Practices Program, 19.0 Allergen Control and Preventive Control Program, 11.0 Nonconformance Program).
- Understanding and verification of Cross traffic (Raw to RTE) is controlled. Designated walkways are being used as control measures as outlined in Access and Movement of Personnel. Traffic plans and zoning maps are followed by all employees, management, visitors, and contractors.
- Effective Completion of required AIMS and Alchemy training as outlined in the FSQA Training Curriculum Map and Aspire Bakeries Cares Training Calendar.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Effective work ethic
- Ability to operate scales, metal detection and imaging devices, ovens and other instrumentation and measuring devices
- Must be 18 years of age
- Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Navigate up and down stairs
- Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must comply with all personnel safety policies and procedures at all times
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for task at hand (i.e. ear plugs, bump cap, safety glasses)
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty, and loud environment
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Required to maintain a clean and organized work area
- Keep all equipment in sanitary condition
- Follows all work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to work different shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- High School Diploma
- Reading, Writing and Math Skills
- Proficient computer skills including experience MS Outlook & Excel
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also effectively manage and execute changes
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
- Good communication, writing, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Some college science courses or experience in the food industry
- Experience with SAP
- 1-2 years related experience
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.