Opportunity to join a stable, innovative, growing and profitable company with a collaborative/team oriented work environment serving as the FSQA Compliance Manager
Responsible for maintaining SQF, regulatory and supplier compliances
- Drives compliance of all SQF, regulatory and supplier requirements
- Writes policies (SQF, FSMA, customer standards) that meet regulatory, SQF and customer standards.
- Collaborates across functional managers (Sanitation, FSQA, Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving, Production, Marketing, R&D) to ensure plant procedures and policies are harmonized.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Conducts regular internal audits of plant documentation, procedures and policies to ensure plant procedures are followed and compliance to policies
- Drives compliance when identified gaps/non compliance exist across procedures and policies.
- Capable of serving as point for external plant inspections from customer, regulatory agencies and SQF.
- Leads employee training and Alchemy systems, assesses gaps, remedies and maintain training in ongoing compliance state.
- Remains abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices within the industry related to compliance control.
- Maintain a daily “audit ready” status for plants (2)
- 5+ years experience in the food industry
- 3-5 years experience driving SQF/regulatory compliance
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Capable of multi-tasking while remaining methodical and diligent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- HACCCP/HARPC experience and certification
- SQF practitioner preferred
- SQF certified auditor (preferred, not required)