This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
At Schwans Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That#39;s how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer#39;s homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony#39;s pizzas, Pagoda snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith#39;s and Edwards desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at http://www.schwanscompany.com.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of quality assurance audits on incoming products in-process production as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality. This position also assists in planning and establishing additional FSQ activities and procedures.
Monitors daily adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and reports issues to management
Generates reports such as specification notices and trend analysis using Microsoft Windows Word and Excel and processes transactions in SAP to release product from QA hold
Verifies regulatory formula and procedural compliance of manufacturing systems and takes corrective action when necessary.
Documents review and verification to ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
Must be able to work with Food Chemistry Microbiology Sensory and Product Development to gather samples and information needed for product testing
Evaluates Certificate of Analysis data against specification and takes appropriate action when necessary.
Works with production management to rework product for most routine product quality issues
Generates and maintains reports of all testing performed and all quality and food safety issues
Conducts plant food safety/GMP orientation when necessary
Performs associated formulation audits and quality checks as necessary and according to product specifications
Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
What we are looking for
Here at Schwans Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We need someone who can:
- Read and interpret basic technical documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) as it applies to specific plant operations (HACCP certification preferred).
- Confirm a satisfactory current job performance and safety record.
- Work in a variety of temperatures.
- Learn and operate standard laboratory equipment.
- Keep accurate documentation of daily information.
- Complete the investigation and the documenting of incidents involving product/ingredient Food Safety issues.
- Communicate in English (verbally and through writing) to accurately create and document company reports.
- Read and understand product specifications.
- Perform basic math functions.
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- (Preferably) demonstrate intermediate level proficiency in SAP, the Microsoft Windows Suite to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
So whats this job all about?
- Performing a variety of quality assurance audits on incoming products, in-processproduction as well as finished products to ensure that they meet regulatory and company standards of quality.
- Planning and establishing FSQ activities and procedures.
- Monitoring daily adherence to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and reporting issues to management.
- Generating reports such as specification notices and tend analysis using Microsoft Windows Word and Excel. Processes transactions in SAP to release product from QA hold.
- Verifying regulatory, formula, and procedural compliance of manufacturing systems and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Documenting review and verification to ensure compliance to company and regulatory requirements.
- Working with Food Chemistry, Microbiology, Sensory, and Product Development, to gather samples and information needed for product testing.
- Evaluating Certificate of Analysis data against specification and taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Working with production management to rework product for most routine product quality issues.
- Generates and maintains reports of all testing performed and all quality and food safety issues
- Conducts plant food safety/GMP orientation when necessary.
- Performing associated formulation audits and quality checks as necessary and according to product specifications.
What we want to do for you
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with immediate Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on Company results
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
- Candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent are preferred.
- Candidates receiving offers of employment will be required to complete a post-offer, pre-placement background check and drug screen.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwans Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.