Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance.
Oversees the application offood safetystandards in the food industry. Especially proficient in the adherence ofqualitystandards throughout every phase of food preparation and distribution. Specializes in developing and implementing food safety processes. This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems.
- Ensures compliance to all regulatory, customer, and corporate programs. Leads and participates in regulatory, customer, and internal audits. Provides leadership in the development, training and maintenance of the plant Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GFSI standards.
- Maintains consistent communication and fosters teamwork between all local personnel, departments and shifts.
- Primary contact for internal and external customers.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are fairly administered between departments and shifts.
- Responsible for developing annual Quality and Sanitation budgets and managing cost control throughout the calendar year.
- Champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring plant sanitation programs to ensure a safe and wholesome product supply.
- Strong SPC background to manage the collection, trending, and reporting of data to identify root cause and areas of opportunity including but not limited to key product attributes, shelf life, and productivity while maintaining quality.
- Provides leadership to help ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Ensures regulatory compliance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field.
- 5+ years’ supervisory or managerial experience in a food plant manufacturing environment within an FSQ role.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal.
- Able to develop and motivate salaried and hourly personnel.
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and off shifts as required or deemed necessary.
- Experience or knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Completed PCQI training
- SQF Edition 8
- Certified HACCP Manager
- Internal Auditor training