We’re a small nutrition & healthy lifestyle company looking for a leader to join our team in Abilene, TX. Here at Chike our company vision is to provide great tasting and healthy alternatives to the popular “go-to pick me up” drinks. Our goal is to produce products that are a gateway to healthy living.
We value respect, positive work ethic, creativity, drive and kindness.
Looking for a Formulator
Formulator & Formulation Responsibilities include product development, research and development, formulations, developing nutritional and supplemental facts of new formulations for both food and supplement projects, quotations for raw materials, analytical process development and process validation activities surrounding food safety. The Formulators will apply leading-edge science and creativity to develop formulations and processes to provide high quality and delicious products to the consumer.
Please apply if you have experience as a Food Chemist, Food Product Development Specialist, Food Lab Technician, Sensory Scientist or expertise in Research & Development. Resumes will also be reviewed for those interested in beginning in this field with the educational background to support creating with us!
The Formulator position reports directly to the Lab Manager and will work with the small team they collaborate with.
Success in your role involves keeping research & development of new products on track, creating new products, conducting sensory testing, maintaining a sanitary environment in the lab, maintaining lab equipment, providing input for new product trends, executing tasks to meet internal and external deadlines, quantifying new and existing raw materials, achieving goals with the team and communicating potential non-conformities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create iterations of a product to ensure customer and company requirements are achieved
- Conduct sensory tests and document feedback
- Weigh out & create small batch blends for clients and R&D projects
- Maintain / provide structure pertaining to product development
- Work closely with Partners to maintain company culture and goals
- Working knowledge of formula breakdowns and percentages
- Working knowledge of ingredients and how they affect nutritional goals
- Must have a desire to drive new product development
- Obtain costing from suppliers
- Document batch records and maintain supplier documentation for raw materials
- Adhere to all Food Safety requirements
We will review resumes of those who have experience in one or more of the following: Food Chemistry, Research & Development, Culinary experience.