Corbiondevelops sustainable ingredient solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.We arethe global market leader in lactic acid, lactic acid derivatives, and a leading producer of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins and algae ingredients. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. We have factories in the Netherlands, Spain, Brazil, Thailand and the United States.
The Application Specialist Biochemicals is the linking pin between business development, sales and the research,application and development (RD&A) team. By joining the sales teams on customer visits, he or she will providesupport and obtain valuable insights on customer needs. These needs aretranslatedback to application work that can be carried out by the RD&A team. With a strong scientific background but also business sense the Application Specialistis able to assist both sales and RD&A where needed and takethe lead in development projects.
In this role you will design and develop or lead development of new innovative and sustainable applications and products , matching with market requirements. You are able to talk to different levels of our customers to obtain their needs and drivers and translate this to possible solutions we can offer.
- You willdefine and lead small project teams
- You will technicallyintroducenew developed concepts; support implementation at customers and perform troubleshooting if required.
- You transfer and disclosetechnical background information to sales team and market management
- You willpresent (technical) lectures to customers, institutions and universities
- You rpovide training, guidanceand coaching to application technicians who perform most of the day to day lab work.
- You actively keep up with new developments in your market with literature, IP, conferences etc.
Desired candidates have worked several years on a relevant application lab and understand the chemistry behind the technology and products and are able to use this knowledge the help our customers.
In addition our ideal candidate:
- Holds an academic degree or equivalent education level in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or similar.
- Possesses practical knowledge of Biochemicals market(s) (HPC, Agro, Chemicals)
- Holds a minimum of 8 years experience in application development;formulation know how is preferred.
- Has managed projects.
- Is capable ofworking in a matrix organisation
- Possesses good communication skills, fluent in English
- Is experienced in a B2B environment.
- Is ableand willing to deal directly with customers.
- Enjoysdealing with differentorganizational levels, disciplines and cross functional departments.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, strong written skills, creativity, energetic, and adaptability to changing situations.
- Understands ourcustomers#39; needs and develops appropriate solutions.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits. What makes Corbion special is the way we consciously create that connection between the product of our work and our individual lives and use it to shape our choices and our priorities as a company. We have a great company made up of talented, dedicated people - people who share a purpose and a vision. When we all understand how we intend to get there in the same way, there#39;s no telling how far we can go. We offer you the chance to join a company with a:
- Culture to empower people and where your initiatives and ideas make a real difference
- International focus with truly diverse teams
- Unique possibility to be trained by our internal expertise in the world of biobased products
- We invest in relevant training courses related to your particular discipline, that will give you the opportunity to grow into an industry expert
- Lastly, we offer a friendly, informal culture in a demanding professional environment
In addition, we actively embrace diversity in how we work together and contribute toward our shared objectives and values. By joining Corbion, you will become an employee in a company where you can feel pride in your achievements and develop your career with global prospects
HOW TO APPLY:
The method for applying for this vacancy is online via the Corbion careers page at www.corbion.com.
Please click on the button below, apply online and tell us who you are by attaching your CV and cover letter. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.