Employee will use a forklift, powered pallet jack, or pallet jack. Employee will load and unload ingredients, packaging, supplies, finished goods, and other items for shipment to and from facilities or outside sources.#160; Employee will move and accurately record the movement of raw materials, packaging, supplies, finished goods, and other items to and from the warehouse, freezer, cooler and production lines at all facilities. #160;Employee must be proficient at both production facilities and satellite warehouses to load and unload ingredients, packaging, supplies and finished goods from and to other facilities or outside sources. Employee will record inventory transaction accurately and timely. This position reports to the warehouse lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly on the loading dock, with the production line, and in satellite warehouses
- Load and unload ingredients, packaging, finished goods, equipment, supplies and other items
- Move raw materials, packaging, supplies, finished goods, and other items to and from the warehouse, freezer and cooler
- Accurately record all movement of materials, packaging, supplies and finished goods using issue and return tags or RF scanning equipment
- Report shortages of needed raw materials, packaging and finished goods to the appropriate Supervisor(s)
- Ship and receive finished goods and raw materials
- Process transactions for shipments and receipts
- Organize orders for shipment
- Accurately complete all required paperwork
- Complete and or update row tags
- Perform daily checks
- Perform cycle counts
- Remove line waste
- Assist in the training of new employees
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Work with enthusiasm and sense of urgency daily
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required
- Adhere to company policies, safety standards, and good manufacturing practices
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Physical Environment/working conditions:
The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands, fingers and arms to handle, feel and reach.#160; The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.#160; The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 110 pounds.#160; The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and extreme cold; wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places.#160; The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skill and knowledge:
Ability communicate effectively and understand verbal and written instructions.#160; Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; round decimals to the nearest whole number; measure and input numbers to calculate correct formulas. #160;Must be able to work independently. Successful candidate must pass a written exam and physical testing before being awarded the position.
Must obtain Forklift and Motorized Pallet Jack Certification. Must have a valid, company insurable Driver's License.