Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, Forklift Operator Warehouse Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to sit down and stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment.
- Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety
- Participate in physical inventories, as needed
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently (equipment to include, but not limited to stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency equipment)
- Report all safety malfunctions on equipment
- Comply with OSHA standards
- Must be able to meet production standards
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift
- Charge or change forklift battery, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires ability to work independently
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management
- Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals
- Must have strong relationship building skills
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Ability to perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others
Tools and Technology Required:
- Warehouse management system and related components
- Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or stand up lift truck, Hi-lift, RC
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW