Were a safety first culture driven by a zero defect and zero waste mentality set out to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. Over 100 years in existence, weve grown our passionate Purina Family as weve grown the breadth of our business. As a Forklift Operator, youll join our factory in Davenport, Iowa which is home to our largest manufacturing facility since 1927. Originally producing cereal, the factory became a pet food-only manufacturer in the late 90s and as the largest pet food manufacturing facility in the U.S., it carefully produces, packages and ships several varieties of our Dog Chow, Puppy Chow, Alpo, Beneful, Nestl Purina ONE, Cat Chow, Kitten Chow, Friskies and Kit N Kaboodle brands.
As a Forklift Operator, you will perform a variety of tasks within our warehouse including loading trucks, unloading trucks, case picking product, and staging finished product as it is released from our packing area. Successful candidates must maintain a great attendance record and must be able to work overtime and off shifts.
- Operate forklifts with various attachments (pull-pack, slip sheet, etc.) in a bustling warehouse
- Safely load/unload trailers ensuring weight distribution, load integrity, and all shipping instructions are followed
- Move finished product from the production line and store it in the correct location in the warehouse
- Case pick product following all guidelines using an RF scanner, hand wrap and label products, and stage in the appropriate location
- Ensure a clean and safe production environment including sanitation and cleaning
- Regularly lift items up to 55 pounds
All other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High school diploma or GED required
1+ years of forklift experience in a production, manufacturing, military or related environment
To our veterans and separated service membersyoure at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl Purina. The skills youve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope youll consider sharing in our missionyoull join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestl Purina home.