Reports To: Production TL
Pay Status: Non-exempt
Pay Rate: $16.18
Backed up By: Production TL
Shift: Day (5AM-5PM) or Night (5PM-5AM)
The Downstream Blow Mold Operator is responsible for operating blow mold equipment, meeting all production, quality and safety requirements, and performing all maintenance on the blow molder and high pressure air compressors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (not restrictive)
- Operate bottle conveyor, airveyor, tipper
- Assist with performing mold and neck finish changes
- Assist performing Preventative maintenance and completing work orders
- Perform process testing protocol and document to meet quality specifications
- Assist complete daily production records and logs for shift.
- Monitor Machine efficiency and ensure all equipment is operational
- Manage machine process efficiency initiatives, scrap minimization, materials conservation related to bottle inspections
- Follow all health and safety standards
- Start and shut down machines
- Certified forklift operator/ complete daily forklift check
- Train and instruct temp employees to assist with all downstream associate responsibilities. Assist with performing mold changes
- Monitor production quantities for color change, mold change and product completions
- Assist with fixing any problems with the blow molder or high pressure air compressors
- Communicate quickly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Perform all assignments given by Supervisors or Upper Management Team
- Recommend methods to improve processes and practices, equipment performance and efficiency of operations
- Verification of production working documents
- Verification of tooling, instructions on materials prior to use on assigned process
- Follow daily blow molding downstream checklist tasks
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of blow molding equipment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work with amino acids, vitamins and fine chemicals in powder and liquid form as well as allergen products
- Language, Computer & Numeracy:
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written
- Proficient personal computer skills (MS office applications – Word, Office, Excel)
- Infrequent domestic travel required (up to 5%)
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Regularly involves going up and down stairs.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
- May be exposed to moderate to high noise levels (i.e. production equipment, forklifts, heavy traffic).
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.