The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This job is responsible for operating material handling equipment in a safe manner for the purpose of moving, locating, stacking and counting merchandise.
This position will use a forklift to assist all areas of the plant in the production and packaging of french fries and preformed potato products in a manner consistent with safety, quality and production goal
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Ability to safely operate a forklift, loading and unloading trucks, and high stacking totes.
- Available to work night shift (7pm to 7am) and overtime shifts as needed.
- Math and computer skills.
- Forklift experience preferred, but on-the-job training is provided.
- Must be able to perform activities such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, stair and ladder climbing on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift a case of French fries - maximum 40 lbs.
PAY: $18.26/hour + night shift differential
- 12 hour shifts. Employees work a 2-week rotation, working Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday (4 shifts) on Week 1 and Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday (3 shifts) on Week 2.
- Employees will be assigned to either 7AM to 7PM (Crew A and B) or 7PM to 7AM shifts (Crew C and D).
- The monthly schedule does not include rotating from nights to days.
- Employees enjoy having a 3-day weekend every other week.
- Employees will receive 8 hours of time and half overtime on their 48 hour week schedule