Since 1963, compact Industries has been the leading contract manufacturer of dry food products to the Fortune 500 companies that market the national brands you know and love. Compact Industries partners with its customer in the Custom Blending & Contract Packaging, Retail, Food service, Office Coffee Service & Vending maker segments to deliver quality food products with 216,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space. Compact Industries offers total rewards package, including attractive benefits, retirement saving programs, and tuition assistance. Work with an established team of long-term employees.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: $1000 bonus (non-exempt), PAID LUNCH, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Education Assistance Program, onsite free gym, Wellness Programs
Forklift Operator Shifts
First Shift: 5:00 am - 3:00 pm
Second Shift: 3:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Drive a forklift safely, following OSHA and Company guidelines.
- Correctly receive, transfer, ship or store material throughout the warehouse by use of a forklift.
- Identify and label material properly by SKU and quantity.
- Unload or load LTL and truckloads of materials, finished goods, and supplies.
- Label and placard pallets, bags, and boxes.
- Receive, transfer, and load material with RF scanners.
- Understand how to navigate through the different screens that are utilized on the RF scanner.
- Maintain warehouse and lift truck cleanliness according to GMP s - good manufacturing practices.
- Supply various departments with required materials or finished goods via transfer and job issuing.
- Assess lot codes to determine age of materials & finished goods, and determine which lot to choose.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers the formulas needed are delivered to the blenders in a timely manner.
- Follow all safety requirements.
- Assist in stock takes/inventory counts.
- Assist in audit preparation of area.
- Review and understand the weekly production schedule and shift expectations.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Bending, twisting, stooping motions 50% of time
- May be working outdoors around docks and trucks.
- scanner experience
- basic computer skills
- Motor vehicle drivers license
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend English: simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization, and sometimes auditors
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to calculate simple mathematical figures
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions
Preferred: high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One or more years of forklift operator / LTO experience or training
Experience in manufacturing is a plus.
Experience working in a food environment is a plus.