As an Account Executive (AE), you will be responsible for growing sales through the introduction and execution of sales plans and programs for key distributor and operator accounts. This role is based out of Grand Rapids, MI. Come experience all four seasons in Michigan’s second largest city, known for it’s stellar eats, drinks (beer city USA), and art!
Your business will support operators across multiple channels, including Commercial, K-12, Healthcare, Colleges & Universities, Lodging, and Business & Industry. AEs are consistently challenged to grow relationships and deliver results. Every day will uncover a new challenge and new opportunity to sell, and you’ll partner with your teammates to work together, win, and celebrate success. You will also have the opportunity to work with and drive additional results through partnership with a local Customer Account Specialist (CAS).
As an AE in this market, you will be managing our distributor partners in the western half of the state of Michigan including Gordon Foodservice Clay, Sysco Grand Rapids, and Van Eerden.
Innovation & Strategy
- Build a deep understanding of your customers and business to analyze and identify key opportunities consistent with the business plan
- Develop plans to build a balance, sustainable and growing business with your Distributors and Operators
- Develop creative strategies to influence Distributor Sales Reps to sell General Mills products
- Develop and implement merchandising and marketing programs specific to the accounts within your territory
Business Planning & Executional Excellence
- Execute division level and local programs as outlined by National Account Executives.
- Successfully launch new products through the implementation of national focused promotions and programs
- Budget Management Responsibilities
- Financial management and responsibility for funds as outlined for Travel & Expense and distributor trade budgets
- Coordination and communication of information that will assist the Region Manager in managing the trade budget including approvals, business reviews, and regular updates
- Responsible for managing distributor marketing funds and negotiating marketing agreements with distributors.
- Partner with cross-functional/segment C&F peers to grow our business
- Build rapport and credibility with external partners to achieve shared goals
- Coordinate food shows, vendor fairs, and sales meetings, as well as operator product trainings
- Bachelor#39;s Degree
- 2 Years of Industry Experience
- Influential Leadership
- Win as a team (team player)
- Self-motivated with ability to maintain work load from remote office