Regulatory Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all food/product related regulatory issues (USDA, FDA, etc.)
Labeling, Nutrition, Documentation
- Develop Nutritional Fact Panels (NFP) that meet domestic and international governmental requirements for product packaging
- Create ingredient statements with sub ingredients declarations and allergen warnings in accordance with all guidelines
- Create new product process specification documentation
- Take part in all aspects of product development (creative, analytical, technical) as a key Culinary team member
- Identify and validate approved ingredient suppliers, price quotes, lead time and minimum order quantities to procurement, catalogue spec sheets for purchased ingredients
- Work with Culinary team and Operations to develop Production documents and processes specifications for new and existing products
- Track projects, measure progress, report to team members
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor or Associates of Culinary Science or Culinology degree or related field
* Requires the ability to travel at approximately 10%.
* Must be comfortable working in food manufacturing and culinary environments.
* Must be able to work on technical challenges with suppliers and customers.
* Must be able to work accurately in complex computer systems.
* 2-3 years of experience preferred.