Job Title: #160;#160;Food Service Merchandiser
Department:#160; Food Service
Reports to:#160; Prepared Foods, Bakery & Specialty Director
Position Summary: This position is responsible for modeling Earth Fare's Vision, Mission, Declaration and Customer Service Creed, while training and developing a successful team within the Food Service Departments and developing and training new FS Managers and there teams for Earth Fare. Also maintaining continued operational excellence and execution in fully operating stores. Overall responsibilities include a focus on best in class food quality, leadership, adhering to the departments Standard Operating Procedures; #160;training team to meet and exceed financial goals including gross profit, shrink, sales, labor and department over-head. This person is responsible for ensuring training on food safety with a clean, organized, and safe work environment in our stores. #160;This is a traveling position with the expectation to be in stores for openings are follow up visits 100% of the time.
- Staff Development: Communicates the Earth Fare vision, standard operating procedures, merchandising guidelines, and financial goals to Team Members, with strong emphasis on customer service, safety and sanitation, trains, and supports, managers and team members with the goal of developing the Food Service Departments for daily excellence.#160; Maintains a positive and professional work environment.#160; Clearly defines and communicates expectations with punch lists and communication log to team members.
- Production: Supervises and participates in the production of in-house prepared foods and proper presentation and display of quality pre-made items at openings and store visits.#160; Maintains the highest standards of quality control in the industry.
- Operational Tasks: Ongoing training on ordering and receiving deliveries; scheduling; reviewing #160;daily and weekly sales/movement reports, shrink reports, emails and responding accordingly; conducting monthly department inventory with new managers and as needed for existing mangers.
- Merchandising: Implements and maintains best in class sales floor merchandising by implementing Earth Fare merchandising and SOP guidelines.
- Department Conditions: Reviews and sets the standard to maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and overall organization of the department including all fixtures, storage, work stations, freezers, and coolers.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Strong communication skills with the ability to train, coach in the moment, and lead people in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of food service industry trends, as well as common allergies and specialized dietary terms such as gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, etc.
- Total comprehension of food safety and sanitation as well as proper use of kitchen utensils and other equipment used in food preparation.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Excel and Outlook. Ability to learn and use a Falcon hand-held computer scanner.
- Leadership experience managing a successful Food Service Department consistently meeting financial, food safety and customer service goals
- Desire to develop and grow your career with Earth Fare.
- 2-3 years minimum experience working in a food service environment, preferably in the Natural Foods industry in Prepared Foods, Bakery and Cheese.
- 2-3 years minimum experience working in a retail/customer service environment preferred.
- Perishable experience and OSHA ServSafe Certification preferred.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a leadership role meeting all targets.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through levels of education and experience. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service.
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat for short periods of time.
- This is a traveling position, expectation is to travel to stores 100% of the time, can be overnight or within existing metro.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (In the event an item weighs over 50 pounds the Team Member should have another member of the team help lift the item).
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat.
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads.
- Must be able to stand and be on one#8217;s feet the majority of the work day.
ADA: Earth Fare will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EEO: Earth Fare does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, height, weight, or marital status in employment or the provision of services.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.