Corbion develops sustainable solutions to improve the quality of life for people today and for future generations.
We are seeking an experienced and versatile Food Scientist to join our Global Preservatives team and report to the Principal Scientist. You will play an important role in supporting Global Preservatives team that supports Corbion#39;s Sustainable Food Solution (SFS) Business. You will develop new products, generating valuable application data, serving and solving customer challenges. Prior experience in food preservatives formulation, analysis, production and application, and oxidative stability and shelf life assessment in different food matrices are needed.
- Develop new products and technology based on customer, market and business needs
- Develop food preservatives to be applied to meat and meat products, culinary produces and pet foods and ingredients.
- Design and conduct oxidative stability and shelf life tests of different food matrices and work closely with meat, culinary, analytical and sensory teams.
- Conducting in-depth application research to generate valuable data to support sales and customers.
- Define, plan, design, execute and deliver on various cross-functional projects, which includes contributing to ideation, reviewing and identifying new projects, developing, implementing and executing technical plans, collecting and analyzing data,
communicating results and project status, generating reports and making presentations.
- Provide technical support for food preservatives production from lab to pilot plant to commercialization.
- Partner with other R&D, application teams, sales managers, product and business development managers, and providing technical support to Corbion prioritized projects for SFS Business, to conduct cross functional projects.
- Work with internal and external customers on collaborative projects, developing customer partnerships. Visit customers, support sales managers and solve the problems from the customers.
- Participate in maintaining the facilities, equipment, and safety in the labs.
- Establish and maintain effective external industrial and academic networks.
- Translate scientific knowledge to projects and the business.
- Participate in maintaining the facilities, equipment, and safety in the labs
- Ensure documentation and reporting of procedures and results according to the Corbion standards.
- Others duties as determined by business needs.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in food Science, Chemistry or related fields. Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of technical experience/development work in a major food or food ingredient company.
- Good understanding of the principles of food chemistry and physics, lipid oxidation and food ingredient functionalities.
- Hands-on experience in food analysis, laboratory analytical techniques, and lab equipment such as Spectrophotometer, GC and HPLC.
- Passion and motivation to deliver results
- Able to initiate projects and bring new ideas into the organization.
- Capable of self-management, and multiple projects and tasks management
- Customer focused, solution oriented and can-do mindset
- Good problem solving skills, understanding of experimental design and statistical analysis of data
- Able to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Travel up to 10%
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2019, Corbion generated annual sales of 976.4 million and had a workforce of 2,138 FTEs. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Corbion Human Resources department. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.