Job description – FOOD SCIENTIST
Bang Energy Performance Beverages and Sports Nutrition has been producing epic innovations for 25 years. We engage in an unrelenting pursuit to create trendsetting appearance and performance enhancing inventions. Our sports nutrition and beverage innovations are backed by 27 double-blind placebo controlled Gold Standard University studies. Likewise, our marketing and distribution has been discussed for its excellence by such prestigious news outlets as Forbes and Wells Fargo. We are hiring super creative, ultra-positive and high-energy professionals to drive our vision to serve the entire world cutting edge health promoting beverages and nutrition! We are top sellers in iconic retailers such as 7 Eleven, Publix, Walmart, and are the ##1 selling beverage of all time in the world’s largest health food retailers: GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.
- Use fundamental food chemistry, applied physics and material science knowledge to develop innovative products.
- Create product formulations and systematically evaluate their performance, stability and shelf life
- Evaluate and understand different ingredient functionalities as it relates to product performance and overall stability
- Define processing methods and control parameters in collaboration with Food Process Engineers.
- Support scale-up and technology transfer to contract manufacturers
- Work with suppliers to assess multiple ingredients sources in relation to functionality and quality
- Collect technical information in support of nutritional label generation and product claims
- Develop project plans to achieve project goals based upon well-founded research approaches, track progress and adjust plans based upon research results
- Bachelor degree in Food Science with 2-3 years’ industry experience or MS in Food Science.
- Proficiency in food formulation development across multiple food product categories for foodservice and retail
- Technical expertise in ingredient chemistry as it relates to functionality and stability in food systems
- Familiarity with CGMP and basic principles of food safety
- Experience in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical analyses
- Strong written and oral communication skills to include project briefs, project summaries, technical updates as well as the ability to convey food science/technical information to non-technical partners.
- Adaptable and quick to learn new processes and tools.
- Has a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Self-directed, goal-oriented and flexible, enjoying working in a fast-paced and at times challenging environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal).
Job Type: Full-time