With limited supervision, this position leads product development projects from concept through commercialization for Dawn. Responsible to develop and test formulas and processes for new products, quality improvements and cost reductions. May oversee the work of Interns or Technicians, providing guidance and assigning daily activities. Special assignments will be available to assist with career track decisions.
- Gathers knowledge of Dawn customers, consumers and competitors. Brings innovative ideas to support strategic plans and enable R&D to apply this knowledge to assigned projects.
- Seeks, evaluates, challenges and utilizes technical information from external and internal sources (Vendors and Senior R&D technical experts) to achieve objectives. Utilizes knowledge from multiple technical sources to drive new innovation and change.
- Leads/supports the planning, execution and reporting of plant trials and product validations for new products and reformulations, concentrating on the science of formulation and ingredients.
- Leads product development projects from concept through commercialization. Participates on cross-functional teams. Effectively manages time and delivers projects on time and in full. Mindful of overall project spend.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork and cross-functional relationships with marketing, operations, engineering, quality, etc. and leverages those partnerships to innovate, resolve concerns and meet timelines. Determines proposed course of action and options in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Partners with Marketing/Insights team to learn to design and implement consumer research tests. Helps interpret the results and recommends next steps.
- Maintains ingredient inventory and lot code tracking. Keep accurate records on lab work and data analysis. Works with internal resources to quickly communicate needed information in case of recalls.
- Safely operates, cleans, and maintains lab-ware and equipment used in a testing environment, while adhering to sanitation requirements in the handling and preparation of food products.
- With limited supervision, plans and executes experiments using established laboratory/pilot lab/plant methodology. Ensures all experiments meet the guidelines set by the FDA for food manufacturing. Interprets results and translates them into actionable recommendations and business solutions.
- May oversee the work of Interns and Technicians providing guidance and assigning daily activities.
- Broadens and applies knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes, safety procedures, GMPs and food regulations.
- Actively seeks to broaden knowledge and enhance technical skills via interpretation of data from projects, seminars, professional meetings, course work and literature. Contributes to a learning environment for the team. Creates a robust personal development plan in collaboration with manager.
- Demonstrates proficiency with the Dawn Specification system to write, review, and issue product, ingredient and process specifications to support all project work. Maintains internal records. Ensures all ingredients and finished goods meet customer and FDA compliance guidelines. Demonstrates first pass quality on all documentation.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert to colleagues and management.
- Demonstrates understanding of contingency planning; creates and presents project contingency plans.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates the "Dawn Values" of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
- BS in Food or Science: 4 to 6 years relevant experience
- Masters: 2 to 5 years relevant experience
- PhD: 0 to 3 years relevant experience
- Associates: 13 years relevant experience
- Non-degreed: 15 years of relevant experience
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team a
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.