Base pay starts at $20.10 per hour!
Now Offering a Sign on Bonus of $1,000!
Medical/Dental/Vision are all available DAY ONE!
Company Contributions to your 401k!
Paid Parental Leave!
Plus much more!!
Do you thrive in a fast-paced manufacturing environment? Do you enjoy contributing to the success of a team while providing unmatched quality? If yes, Dawn Foods wants you! We offer competitive pay and stellar benefits that are available day one! Dawn Foods has a fun family culture that values teamwork, genuine innovation, and the desire to grow. Make Dawn Foods you next career move today!
Responsible for the sanitation of the dry mix plant and the grounds surrounding the facility. Adheres to all sanitation standards established by IFS and Food Safety Policies and follows Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Plant Safety Policies. Responsibilities may change without prior notice due to changes in ingredients, products, customer requirements, innovation, regulatory, safety, food safety or other changes in the work environment. This position description is intended to be a general guide to describe the daily requirements, training or procedures and expectations of the position.
- Perform general facility cleaning and upkeep duties as assigned and in an efficient and effective manner.
- Adhere to all company safety, food safety and sanitation policies.
- Keep sanitation tools, equipment, cleaning solutions, etc. clearly marked, organized and safely stored.
- Report malfunction of equipment immediately to EC/Maintenance Manager.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with established policies, procedures and best practices with specific adherence to SOPs, GMPs, IFS standards and safety programs, reporting safety hazards to people or product.
- Physical duties involved in performing this position include but are not limited to lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, bending, standing, crouching, reaching overhead and climbing. This position requires proper sanitation of the equipment, filters, tools, and mechanical parts. Team members must be able to lift 20 - 50 pounds on a consistent basis. Position requires constant and continuous support of production and other departments. Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and follow safety precautions.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible with shifts, days, and hours; overtime and weekends with limited notification.
- Experience with GMPs, IFS standards, understand HACCP programs and plant safety.
- Previous experience in plant sanitation preferred.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate lock out tag out on equipment preferred
- Must be forklift certified or have the ability to become forklift certified.
- Forklift, boom lift, man lift, cleaning equipment, hand carts, hand tools and other assigned equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving vehicles and moving mechanical parts and is often exposed to chemicals, fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.