Job Posting Title:
Food Safety Quality Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Responsible for all aspects of quality during the production shift at a food manufacturing company. Will work closely with and communicate to operations, ensuring all finished products meet specifications and customer expectations, while the facility reaches optimum quality, efficiency and world-class food safety.
- Develop, maintain and secure records necessary to conduct business.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and/or laws, in-house and/or external specification and standards (to include HACCP and GMP#39;s) through the timely and accurate submission of reports, forms and/or correspondence. Actively contribute to the data collection, trend analysis, investigation and improvements to processes, products and systems.
- Maintain and support programs in place to sustain GFSI (SQF) certification.
- Measure, test, record and react to processes required during testing and evaluation in the lab. .
- Responsible for recognizing, reporting and troubleshooting food safety, quality and/or sanitation issues.
- Responsible for complying with all Food Quality, Food Safety/SQF, and GMP policies and procedures.
- Oversee QA lab tech daily functions.
- Analyze raw product; approve ingredients for production.
- Review, sign and process all shift paperwork
- Monitor and consistently enforce policies, rules and regulations.
- Assist with customer complaint investigations.
The most significant duties have been included in this description. This does not preclude the assignment of occasional additional or developmental duties. The company reserves the right to modify this job description as needed to accurately reflect duties assigned.
- Manages and Measures Work - must have clear objective and measures; monitors process, progress and results; designs feedback loops into work. Uses time effectively and efficiently.
- Process / Time Management Strategic Ability - able to determine the processes necessary to get the job done and combining tasks into efficient work flow, as well as knowing what to measure and how. Able to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Customer Focus and Delegation - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and acts with customers in mind. Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions.
- Planning and Problem Solving - must accurately scope out length and difficulty of tasks/projects; anticipate and adjust problems; measure performance against goals; honest analysis and excel in finding hidden problems.
- Knowledge in Organization Agility - able to complete work through formal channels and informal networks as needed. Knowledge of origin and reasoning of company behind key policies, practices and procedures is necessary.
Job Experience: 2-5 years
Supervisory Experience: 1-3 years
Specific Experience Required:
- Aseptic food manufacturing experience a plus.
Education (Minimum Required): Bachelors Degree preferred; Area of Study: Food Science / Biology or related field
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Highly developed leadership skills to ensure all quality programs meet current customer and company expectations.
- Manager/supervisor experience in a union environment.
Basic Skill Set:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, multi-task environment.
- Ability to plan and problem-solve while both managing and measuring work.
- Self-starting and able to maintain a high energy level.
- Read written work orders, manuals, measurement instruments and company-posted work and safety policies procedures and programs.
- Must have the ability to operate proficiently in an SAP environment, including but not limited to using as RF (radio frequency) device, print and place tags, and able to effectively use a scanner and related portable equipment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.