Gehl Foods is a Germantown, Wisconsin-based maker of ready-to-serve, real dairy products. The company uses an advanced aseptic process to eliminate microorganisms that cause dairy foods to spoil and at the same time locks in freshness and taste. Its products – cheese sauces, puddings, yogurt, and dairy-based beverages – are sold in restaurants and retail stores under Gehl brands and many global brands who trust Gehl Foods with their manufacturing operations.
Due to continued success and rapid growth in the industry, Gehl Foods is looking for qualified individuals to join us on our journey to World Class Manufacturing. It is an exciting time to be a part of Gehl Foods, LLC. If you are looking for a chance to take your skills and experience to the next level, and the opportunity to make a difference, please consider Gehl Foods.
Reporting to the Food Safety Quality Manager, the Food Safety Quality Line Technician is primarily responsible for the monitoring and verification of a wide variety of tests or inspections on products/processes on the production floor to ensure compliance with quality and product safety control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations) along with driving continuous improvements based on KPI metrics for the Business Unit.
- Assures all food safety, quality, sanitation and GMP programs are being executed properly to exceed company, industry and customer expectations and act as the subject-matter expert when/where required.
- Collaborate with operations and technical services to investigate non-conformances, identify corrective actions and implementation of preventative measures.
- Coordinates investigation activity on customer/consumer complaints.
- Verify and document that all equipment and systems are working properly and as designed per specifications (including adherence to filed processes, coding and print systems, etc.)
- Perform start-up and in-process line audits, line clears/change over.
- Adhere to guidelines around production/process deviations and recommend actions (placing product on hold, etc.) based on findings from tests, audits and other documented procedures assuring consumer safety at all times.
- Participate on cross functional teams to drive continuous improvement projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and 2 years of experience in food processing environment or equivalent type of manufacturing OR an Associate Degree in Food Science-based area of study (i.e. Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry)
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret company procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to apply math skills with complete accuracy
- Ability to document test/inspection findings legibly and with complete accuracy
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions finished in written, oral or schedule form
- Ability to multitask
- Strong computer skills to include MS Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Technical knowledge of aseptic processes, equipment and products
- Flexible work schedule
- Working knowledge of HACPP