Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The QA Supervisor leads the continual development and implementation of the SSOP(Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) plans to meet USDA regulations, company and customer expectations regarding food safety. Monitors and verifies production SSOP and HACCP records. Monitors plant GMP#39;s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and other prerequisite programs daily. Proactively identifies problems before they develop utilizing SPC (Statistical Process Control) tools or other tracking/trending analysis skills as necessary.
This position is for 2nd Shift.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops programs and procedures to ensure regulatory and company food safety requirements are met and maintained. Communicates to and trains all associates piror to their implementation.
- Updates, manages and maintains the SSOP and HACCP and other prerequisite programs in an organized and effective manner.
- Audits all SSOP and HACCP records providing timely feedback to managment.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the USDA and keep up with the regulations concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Responsible for training and documentation of training of all levels of plant associates concerning SSOP and HACCP programs.
- Hands on involvement in all food safety problems that arise during the shift and developing appropriate solutions and corrective actions/preventative measures for those problems.
- Conducts validations of scientific data that support facility food safety decisions as needed yearly.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Food Science, Animal Science, Poultry Science, Operations Management, Biology or Chemistry.
- 2 -3 years experience.
- HACCP certification, knowledge of USDA regulations including GMP, SSOP and HACCP and labeling.
- Must have experience with food safety plant style audits.
- Be familiar with HACCP and SSOP requirements to include monitoring and implementing validation processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask while maintaining required timeliness.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft computer software.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. May need to climb ladders.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.