Responsibilities: The Food Safety/Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership, direction and execution of all quality and food safety functions at the plant level. This person will ensure all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and company requirements. The FSQA Manager directs the plant Quality Assurance department in selecting, developing, and motivating Quality Assurance team members to achieve company quality and food safety goals. Specific duties include:
- Manage all activities of the Quality Assurance/Food Safety department in a manner which results in consistent food safety results as measured through the company matrix and regulatory mandates.
- Develop, document and implement Quality Assurance and HACCP processes/ procedures to monitor incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products to ensure compliance to all regulatory and company requirements and specifications
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance department is properly organized, staffed and trained to meet and achieve plant and departmental goals
- Perform as plant contact person for sales and customer issues
- Manage the activities of the Quality Assurance department in a manner that keeps plant and upper management fully informed on any issues and assists in achieving quality/food safety goals
- Develop a professional working relationship and act as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
- Enforce corporate food safety and quality programs and maintain the required documentation and provide continuing education of plant associates as required.
Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Food Science or related field plus 5 or more years of experience in a HACCP, QA or food safety supervisory role. Must have some experience as a Superintendent or Manager. (Ten years of strong experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.) Specific requirements include:
- Knowledge and understanding of poultry processing in a harvest/slaughter facility required
- Must have or complete certification status as Certified Food Safety Manager or equivalent.
- Understanding of management principles and team concepts.
- HACCP certified and very strong HACCP and regulatory skills.
- Understanding of further processing is a plus