Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Food Safety/Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership, direction and execution of all quality and food safety functions at the plant level to support Perdue’s statement of Quality. This person will ensure all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and company requirements. The FSQA Manager directs the plant Quality Assurance department in selecting, developing, and motivating Quality Assurance team members to achieve company quality and food safety goals.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all activites of the Quality Assurance/Food Safety department in a manner which results in consistent food safety results as measured through the company matrix and regulatory mandates.
- Develops, documents and implements Quality Assurance and HACCP processes/ procedures to monitor incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products to ensure compliance to all regulatory and company requirements and specifications
- Ensures that the Quality Assurance department is properly organized, staffed and trained to meet and achieve plant and departmental goals
- Perform as plant contact person for sales and customer issues
- Is the catalyst for leading continuous quality improvement and Perdue’s QIP
- Manages the activities of the Quality Assurance department in a manner that keeps plant and upper management fully informed on any issues and assists in achieving quality/food safety goals
- Maintain open communications with plant, sales and marketing staffs to ensure quality standards meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop a professional working relationship and act as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
- Enforces Perdue’s food safety and quality programs and maintains the required documentation and provide continuing education of plant associates as required.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant quality data and analysis.
- Bachelors degree or higher in the area of poultry, meat or food science.
- 3 - 5 years experience.
- Experience in a HACCP, QA or food safety supervisory role.
- Good analytical and both oral and written skills.
- Experience in further processing may be required.
- Must have or complete certification status as Certified Food Safety Manager or equivalent.
- Knowledge of poultry and food processing principles.
- Understanding of management principles and team concepts.
- General knowledge of plant functions, i.e., production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping and sanitation.
- HACCP certified and very strong HACCP and regulatory skills.
- Previous experience as Food Safety manager in poultry processing environment.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.