Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Green Empire Farms, a high-tech fresh produce greenhouse in Oneida, New York, and a member of the Mastronardi Group of Companies, is currently seeking a Food Safety Coordinator to join our greenhouse where we grow tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and strawberries. In this role you will be responsible for the coordination and maintenance of Food Safety (FS) activities that includes communication and follow-up on policies, procedures and documentation; and coordinating the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and incidences.
- Provide advice and assistance with the development and implementation of FS policies, procedures and documentation.
- Serve as the site Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Practitioner.
- Maintain FS documents, database, records, binders & filing.
- Corrective Action and Preventative Measures – assist with logging and tracking of non-compliances and FS incidences, conduct investigations, coordinate follow-up and bring outstanding issues to closure.
- Provide FS Training, assist in development of training programs, conduct training classes, maintain training records.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) - assist in the development of rules, conduct audits, maintain records.
- Assist with audit preparation, organization and follow-up for third-party, government and customer audits.
- Conduct routine audits of internal food safety program, product specifications and organics program.
- Record Maintenance – conduct routine checks to verify proper record keeping by Operations Staff
- Reports to Management – obtain, input, tabulate FS data and provide reports to Management.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related field is desired. Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a food safety, quality assurance in a food manufacturing environment is required.
- Previous supervisory and management experience is a plus.
- Must be a high-performance team player with prior experience as a supervisor or in a lead role is desired.
- Proficiency in use of the English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly desired.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out of the ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must have the ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general food-safety and organic program best practices, highly proficient in ability to document and work within GAPs, GMPs, HACCP, HACQP, SQF, SSOP.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA).
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and maintain a valid US Passport.
- Complete a background and drug test screening.
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 50 degrees and the background noise approach 70 dcbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending on a regular basis.
- Visual and audio sensory are needed regularly.
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.