Immediate career opening for a motivated Food Safety and Quality Manager that enjoys being out in the plant and guiding the team! We are looking for a strong team player to “own the function” and be an integral part of the leadership team at our Spokane, WA plant. Philadelphia Macaroni is a 106 year old family-owned company committed to growth and continuous improvement. Great opportunity to make a difference and be part of a growing team.
Beautiful Spokane is located in the heart of the Inland Northwest and is the second largest city in Washington State. The area is characterized by hills, plains, prairies and coniferous forests. Spokane has been selected as an All-American city three times in the past 41 years! Spokane offers arts, restaurants, recreation and is major hub for education in the region!
Responsible for the implementation and execution of the Quality Management System, and driving quality improvement initiatives at the plant level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of direct reports with responsibility for leadership throughout the entire facility
- Work with Manufacturing, R&D and the corporate Quality teams to ensure that product specifications meet consumer/customer needs while matching manufacturing capability.
- Provide leadership and coaching to employees through a shared Quality vision for the operation.
- Lead GFSI audit program and certification process.
- Facilitate trials related to quality improvement, new product commercialization, cost saving initiatives and reduction of variation in process and product quality.
- Conduct quality reviews with product systems and track performance against key action plans.
- Track, report, and review the Quality Performance Indicators on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement
- Facilitate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of customer complaints
- Create long term value through an effective Quality Management System that consistently produces first quality products and improves facility competitive position.
- Lead product / process analyses or other product risk assessments and quality process deployments to proactively seek out and manage performance risk.
- Ensure functioning audit systems periodically assess procedures for both conformance to expectations and overall effectiveness.
- Increase capability of plant quality and laboratory staff through development and training
- Manage core training and certification processes at the facility
- Influence plant leadership to ensure all quality programs and systems are implemented effectively
- Engage local plant management and plant workforce to drive a best in class Food Safety & Quality Culture
- Ensure standard work through development of work documentation and training to standards
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in the management of the department
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Safety or related discipline required
- Minimum of 3 years food manufacturing leadership experience required
- Previous experience with GFSI audits, preferably BRC
- HACCP or PCQI Certification required
- Experienced and highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Thorough understanding of GMP, SOP, SSOP, FDA and traceability
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal, written interpersonal and presentation communications skills needed.
- Ability to demonstrate lean manufacturing, root cause analysis and process improvement skills
- Must be able to work in an environment with high heat and humidity
- Must be able to walk on concrete floors and climb stairs occasionally
Our company offers a competitive package including vacation, paid holidays, bonus based on performance, 401(k), health, dental and vision insurance and voluntary STD, LTD, and life insurance benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer