A privately held beef harvest, debone and grind facility has an opening for a Food Safety and Quality Assurance Director. This position will be responsible for providing oversight of day-to-day operations of the Food Safety and Quality Department. Responsibilities will include assuring all Facility policies, procedures and practices adhere to USDA Regulations, BRC Requirements Issue 8, Good Manufacturing Practices, meeting customer requirements and ensuring all food safety and quality procedures have been developed and implemented. The FSQA Director will ensure our company achieves customer expectations and provides continuous process improvements. The FSQA Director will be the primary liaison between our company and USDA, Customers, Outside laboratories, Vendors and Auditors. The FSQA Director will work with executive management to achieve the safest quality product while maximizing profit and assuring a safe working environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements food safety and quality procedures for Harvest, Fabrication and Grinding operations
- Maintains regulatory programs (HACCP, SSOPs, SPSs), verifying that they are properly implemented, understood, routinely assessed, improved upon, and well maintained.
- Prepares on-going quality documentation by collecting, analyzing, and providing supervisors with feedback on improvements as needed.
- Assures consistent food safety and quality parameters throughout the organization by conducting analysis and identifying critical limits to meet USDA and customer requirements.
- Performs internal quality/food safety audits for production facilities.
- Works closely with USDA inspectors and ensure compliance with all USDA directives.
- Review and report the principles causes of quality loss and nonconformance
- Arrange, coordinate and support the vendor approval process.
- Must be proficient in BRC/SQF and will train, communicate and ensure the BRC Program to management and all employees.
- Guarantee vendor compliance with inbound ingredients raw materials food contact packaging and finished product specifications and customer requirements.
- Investigates and analyzes customer complains to determine root cause, identify trends, initiate corrective action, implement preventive action. Audit process to prevent reoccurrence.
- Answer all USDA, FSIS, and other regulatory non-compliance reports and coordinates corrective action for the company.
- Works with Production and Sanitation to maintain operational and pre-operational sanitation within the facility.
- Must be proficient in the development, implementation and maintenance of BRC or SQF Standards.
- Knowledgeable in USDA/FSIS regulation including Humane Handling in relation to beef processing
- Bachelor’s Degree, Food Science degree preferred.
- Three plus years of experience in beef slaughter Food Safety or Quality related field is required.
- Must be proficient in Robust Humane Handling Program.
- HACCP certified
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general procedures, policies and government regulations.
- Strong computer skills.
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in extreme hot and cold environments in a production setting, required daily.
- Sanitation/Pre-Op experience.
What we offer:
- Excellent compensation package with performance-based bonus program.
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Holidays and Vacation