FOOD QUALITY ASSURANCE AND RELIABILITY MANAGER-Hillside, NJ
AAK has been Making Better Happen for 150 years.
Visit us at aakfoodservice.com
Great opportunity to join our Leadership Team at our Hillside, NJ US Headquarters!
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen within the ever-expanding foodservice segment. AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
AAK Foodservice is a global manufacturer with a regional focus, offering a broad portfolio ranging from sauces, dressings, mayonnaise and margarine to specialty fats and oils for a wide variety of cooking applications and food styles. Our complete foodservice portfolio uses only the finest ingredients and adheres to the highest quality standards, offering plant-based products and sustainable options.
With a dedicated cross-functional team, we specialize in co-development to create custom products and applications based on customer specifications. Our customer-centric approach emphasizes culinary, marketing and customer innovation to determine the best solution for their menu needs. AAK is focused on building lasting relationships, allowing our customers to differentiate themselves in the market.
We are currently seeking to hire a Food Quality Assurance and Reliability Manager for our food manufacturing facility in Hillside, NJ.
The Food Quality Assurance and Reliability Manager oversees the daily tasks and staff of the QA Lab and analytical support group to assure product conformance to specification, food safety, audits, Good Manufacturing Practices and all Regulatory matters. The QA department provides data to operations, sales, and product development. The QARM coordinates the analytical activities around production and raw material support providing direction to rectify product issues to all relevant departments. The QARM provides feedback regarding the strategic direction, resource requirements and functional status of the laboratory and Regulatory matters. The position is also responsible for representing quality on the AAK Foodservice senior leadership team
Accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act
- Ensures Laboratory staff provides accurate and timely results for produced materials, in-process materials, and raw materials.
- Ensures adequate scheduling of staff, and justifies additional resource requirements.
- Maintains all Laboratory instrumentation and equipment calibration, scheduling equipment repairs and PM as necessary.
- Ensures Plant & Laboratory conformance to company safety and regulatory requirements. Includes GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs. Approves, maintains and updates technical documents and brochures (i.e. COA, SOPs, batch cards, specification sheets) with assistance from team.
- Troubleshoots quality issues; creates troubleshooting guides; documents SOP changes.
- Supports Planning and Production departments in processing procedures, recommendations, and utilization of oil and products.
- Makes any necessary adjustments to out-of-spec products.
- Helps customers as required with technical questions, problems, and oil identification.
- Reports Quality KPI, incidents and trends. Includes monthly self-audit, root cause analysis, cause maps, and implement corrective actions.
- Supports Customer Innovation with ideas, analysis, and data.
- Supports Sales by answering questions, matching competitor samples, suggesting products.
- Manages and reviews sample/ service requests and schedule appropriate staff resources.
- Compiles and distribute reporting for incoming ship raw materials
- Manages pest control activities for the site.
- Analyzes raw material data to help Inventory department make improvements to material storage, handling, and movement.
- Maintains Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Works with plant personnel along with regulatory and customer organizations to ensure all quality audits and assessment requirements are in place. This includes 3rd Party audits (such as BRC), customer audits and regulatory inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or other physical science
- 5+ years laboratory management experience, preferably in a food, drug or chemical laboratory.
- Familiarity with RTE (Ready To Eat) food requirements is preferred
- Computer literacy is a must. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
- Laboratory Information Management System experience is a plus.
- Travel is occasional.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required. Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
AAK Foodservice offers a competitive benefits package including major medical with dental, vision, pharmacy and other features and also includes our company matched 401k.
AAK Foodservice promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status and any class of discrimination under state and federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
AAK Making Better Careers Happen™