Position: Production Supervisor
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Reports to: Production Manager__
- Follow the Basic Principles in all employee interactions
- Provide direction, guidance and assistance to employees to enable them to work more effectively
- Motivate employees by giving positive feedback, always in a respectful manner
- Measure and supervise productivity in the department to identify areas for improvement
- Coordinate production process to increase productivity and improve process controls
- Effectively allocate production labor as needed on a daily basis to improve productivity
- Supervise workforce to cross-train employees and rotate employees regularly
- Follow all procedures for reporting Worker’s Compensation incidents and accidents,
- Ensure meal processing counts and deadlines are met by checking line progress regularly
- Ensure accurate counts are produced to specification
- Ensure portions control is accurately measured by employees by conducting regular verifications
- Train employee in production processes and portion control
- Proactively engage in employee relations issues to resolve them effectively and promptly
- Supervise storage and rotation of daily food production overages to minimize waste
- Hold regular communication meeting with employees to review production results, safety and hygiene
- Communicate schedule changes to employees
- Supervise production schedules and processes to minimize overtime
- Suepervise work force accountability for quality and productivity
- Ensure employees have proper tools and equipment needed for production
- Ensure that HACCP, GMP and USDA standards are achieved and completed
- Ensure customer production and labeling requirements are achieved
Other Responsibilities and duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Competent to work independently, ask questions and seek direction as needed.
- Ensure all safety requirements are achieved and strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Effectively gives and receives feedback in a positive and respectful manner
- Must be able to function within a team environment.
- Performs tasks under general supervision.
- Food Service experience required
- A minimum of 2-5 years supervising a food production environment
- Knowledge of internal policies and procedures
- Knowledge of HACCP requirements, USDA, GMP and sanitation requirements.
- Knowledge of cold food production processes
- Candidate bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Competent written skills and effective verbal communication skills
- Computer skills a plus (Microsoft)