Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team in Millsboro, DE as a 1st Shift Food Production Cone Debone Supervisor. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
The primary purpose of the 1st Shift Food Production Cone Debone Supervisor is to manage functions, coordinate activities, and monitor production within the cone debone department. Maintain a safety working environment for all employees.
Position responsibilities include:
- Training and development of line leaders and production employees
- Planning daily production run schedule
- Ensure efficient operation of machines/equipment
- Maintain required records
- Monitor quality of incoming/outgoing product within the department
- Communicate deficiencies
- Conduct audits of required documents and check for accuracy and compliance
- Ensure HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, food safety and safety standards are being followed
- Analyze quality problems
- Manage absentee and turnover in the department
- Effectively communicate plans, process modifications and Company vision and mission
- Recognize and reward employees, manage conflict, and complete other duties as assigned
- Degree in related field preferred
- Related experience will be considered in lieu of education preference
- Requires three years of demonstrated, progressive poultry processing management experience and proven leadership skills.
- Strong people skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills