We are looking to employ a detail-oriented and experienced Production Planner to create, modify, and manage production schedules. The Production Planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management, and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful as a Production Planner, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements planning and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional Production Planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
Production Planner Responsibilities:
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimating the amount of material, equipment, and labor required for production.
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay.
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse, production and other staff.
- Compiling status and performance reports and submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
Production Planner Requirements:
- Prior Experience working as a Production Planner 3-5 yrs. preferred.
- Experience in the Meat or Food Industry, preferred.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Advance Microsoft Excel requirements
- Prior experience using an ERP, MRP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Mathematical Skills
- Strong regard for production quality and safety standards.