Schedule: This schedule is a swing, 12 hour shift Monday - Thursday
AM: 6am - 6pm, PM: 6pm - 6am
You MUST be able to work both shifts.
Food Production Operator
Employee (PW) must be able to keep up with production line, visually inspect, and pack or package LC America food products.
Reports To: Production Leader/Shift Supervisor
Substitution Policy: In the event that a substitution is necessary, this position will be substituted by the manager/supervisor to whom they report.
- Set-up and operate a packaging machine per established procedures and guidelines
- Fill, secure and label containers according to company and/or customer specifications.
- Prepare cartons with proper packaging materials
- Understand how to stack cartons, position and shrink wrap completed pallets with appropriate pallet labels and position of pallet labels
- Be able to operate appropriate packaging machinery
- Keep area clean and orderly
After the first month the packer operator should be qualified to do the following:
- Distinguish between good and defective product and have knowledge of separating the products
- Have an understanding of the different product codes
- Have knowledge of metal detector and purpose
- Record packed product on each shift.
- Know when to re-start the carton and pallet count
- Collect and record samples for quality testing
- Know the path in which the production flows from beginning to the end
- Pass the Packaging Qualification Quiz
- Manually weigh ingredients using a scale or control panel of unloading station
- Assist production leader in conduction of production line
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic math skills
- Coordination – adjusting action in relation to others’ action
- Manual dexterity and lifting capability (at least 30 lbs)
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Associate’s degree preferred. Candidates with High School diploma may be considered with more than 5 years work experience in the same or similar position
- Minimum 3 years production experience