FOOD PROCESS MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Are you a hard-working, motivated self-starter, with a strong desire to be an integral part of a fast paced, highly successful company? Are you interested in being part of a team focused on producing fresh-made salsa products? If so, this could be the opportunity for you as we are looking for an experienced bi-lingual Maintenance Engineer to join our team in Riviera Beach, Florida.
Italian Rose Garlic Products is the category leading producer of Fresh Produce based salsa in North America. We offer branded, private label, contract manufactured and food service salsa products in addition to a variety of dips, spreads and sauces.
Our mission at Italian Rose is to be recognized as a successful and dynamic growth leader in the Fresh Salsa Category providing consumers with the highest quality, superior tasting variety of salsa products at a great value as compared to our competitors.
At Italian Rose our values are based upon providing an enjoyable, safe work environment that reflects dignity, respect and prosperity for all employees. We do this through fostering a team environment and conducting business in the spirit of honesty and integrity, while promoting employee responsibility, accountability and empowerment.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for implementing, performing and supervising the maintenance and repair tasks as required and/or scheduled in the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program for our food processing environment.
As the technical expert, the Maintenance Engineer is also expected to train and develop the technical capabilities of the Maintenance department as needed. The scope of maintenance includes production equipment (wash line, choppers, dicers, mixers, depositors, etc.), building, utilities and outside equipment (refrigeration, boilers, compressors, etc.).
This role requires that the associate adheres to: all EHS policies and procedures in order to keep themselves and others safe; all Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) that are in effect in order to assure a consistent quality and quantity of product produced.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full implementation of a Preventative Maintenance Management System (PMMS) for our Florida locations. Knowledge of PMC 2000 helpful.
- Perform and supervise the preventive maintenance (PM) tasks on processing lines, packaging lines, and other system and building facilities
- Make recommendations for PM adjustments and/or PM additions to equipment
- Utilize the company’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to properly document maintenance actions and assist in training.
- Develop appropriate training protocols for new associates; as well as assist in training, coaching and mentoring fellow mechanics/technicians.
- Oversee work of third-party contractors when engaged to do maintenance work
- Keep the equipment operating safely, efficiently and on time to meet production demands and established KPI’s.
- Respond to emergency calls and make immediate repairs whenever needed
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in production maintenance, preventative maintenance or maintenance engineering, required
- Successful candidate does not need prior Supervisory experience but the ability to demonstrate strong people skills.
- A background in electrical diagnostics would be key
- Experience reading blueprints and schematics, required
- Experience using basic testing devices (ammeters, voltage meters and pneumatic testing tools), required
- Experience in PLC programming and troubleshooting, a plus
- Technical certificate in related field (electronic/mechanical/automation), a plus
- Knowledge of solid-state controller, VFD’s and electrical troubleshooting, a plus
Competencies We’re Looking For
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed mechanical instructions in English
- Ability to utilize software applicable to function
- Autonomy / Self-Direction
- Timeliness / Attendance
- Commitment to ethical behavior
- Detail Oriented
- Focus on quality
- Coach and develop personnel
Italian Rose Garlic Products is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, a health savings account and Company matched 401(k).