Job Posting Title:
Food Manufacturing Quality Assurance Lead - 2nd Shift
Position Scope/ Summary
Provides direction and support to hourly team members in the areas of food safety, quality, productivity, equipment operation, and safety. The position is the first link in the help chain to resolve problems within the work area. Foster and promote continuous improvement and a positive work environment. Performs data analysis with a quick turnaround time in conjunction to special projects and Quality duties.
• Performs product inspections on the line, both visually and analytically to
check for: Flavor, labels, packaging; Torque testing on caps; pH; Texture
testing; and other testing as needed.
• Assist with getting the plant ready for external visitors and auditors.
• Compile and analyze data as requested.
• Assists with PDR product and DMR material where forms are completed
prior to placing product on hold.
• Prepares Quality paper work.
• Assist with the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP#39;s) as
needed. Compile and analyze data as requested.
• Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including ensuring safe
work practices are followed.
• Ensure product safety and quality by understanding and communicating
customer requirements to team members.
• Help troubleshoot and assist employees in diagnosing malfunctions in
work and machine activities.
• Communicate effectively/appropriately with team members and
• Train employees in standard work practices and procedures for safety,
quality, productivity, and efficiency.
• Train team members in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and
• Help maintain accurate production records and complete all reports as
required by the Company.
• Maintain area in accordance with SQF standards and help ensure product
safety and sanitation regulations are followed.
• Support in continuous improvement events and projects.
• Help monitor team work levels and report issues to supervisor.
• Provides validation of quality programs related to SOP#39;s, Process Controls,
Food Safety (HACCP), GMPs, Product Specifications and conformance to
• Guide the manufacturing teams in understanding aspects of the Quality
• Audit associate and product performance.
• Helps to establish quality assurance guidelines and perform internal
inspections of both products and equipment to make sure these
guidelines are being followed.
• Coordinate product to be sent to external lab for food borne pathogen
• Participates in ongoing decisions regarding study designs, data collection,
data analysis, and methodology.
• Monitors paper work out on the floor and performs corrective actions.
• On occasion, perform activities of team members
• During the absence of the QA Lead, the QA Technician, Supervisor or
Manager covers for his/her responsibilities.
• Must be highly organized and work well under pressure. Must be able to
work independently, as well as under supervision.
• Must be able to work effectively with others, have good interpersonal and
• Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment,
initiative, and resourcefulness.
• Is cross functional in all areas of department, trouble shoot and corrects
Physical Activity / Working Conditions
• Ability to navigate plant and grounds to support Audit programs.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
TreeHouse Use Only: ##IND1