Job Title: Food Commodities Purchasing Manager
Company: Large Foodservice Company
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports To: Sr. Director of Commodities and Analytics
Compensation: Up to $130K + 15% bonus
Relocation: Assistance available
- BS in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or related. MS degree preferred
- 4+ years of commodity trading, risk management or relevant supply chain experience
- Experience in grains or dairy risk management strongly desired. Will consider experience with other food / beverage commodities.
- Develop, recommend and execute commodity management strategies
- Develop, recommend and execute risk management strategies
- Analyze and forecast prices of commodities using fundamental and technical (charting) analysis
- Track, calculate, and verify performance of strategies against actual pricing
- Identify and quantify risks to commodity categories (tariffs, geopolitical instability, disease, etc.) and the impact of these risks.
- Develop mitigation strategy for these risks consistent with the risk posed utilizing a combination of risk management strategies that could include forward fixed contracts, futures/options positions, future options positions, or hedge proxies.