This position is responsible for leading Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement initiatives at the facility level, providing direction, support, and execution at the site. The overall objective is to drive continuous improvement in Shearer’s manufacturing system using company systems in conjunction with industry Best Practices.
- Work closely with the leadership team
- Work with facility operations leaders to drive Lean / CI initiatives.
- Be a leader with regard to communication and establishment of a culture of CI.
- Provide analysis of current state and recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain and communicate metrics which record successes and track progress.
- Support capital improvement and other engineering initiatives associated with continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement associate engagement techniques and harness the intellectual energy of ALL associates to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with corporate resources, consultants and other third parties to drive Lean / CI initiatives.
- As a result of the above activities and processes, execute programs that result in measurable increases in performance.
- Five to ten years of manufacturing leadership experience as a production manager, supervisor, or similar role, in a consumer product manufacturing facility.
- Significant experience with continuous improvement tools such as kaizen, 5S, six sigma, and other such associate engagement and process improvement techniques.
- Four year degree in engineering, operations management, or similar field.
- Applicable academic and / or professional experience in food science, engineering, or general business.
- Great analytical skills and ability to understand complex manufacturing systems.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to lead cross functional teams through influence, not just in direct reporting relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule as needed to support a 24 / 7 operation.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!