Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Flock Advisor serves as a representative overseeing the inventory of poultry on his/her route. Maintains good communication and flow of information from the company to contract producers and vice versa.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works directly with assigned contract producers to improve company profitability and competitive position by implementing production programs and documenting producer compliance at each visit to the farm.
- Maintains assigned route square footage to meet the demands established by sales to fulfill customer orders. Maintains route compliance to poultry welfare, food safety and environmental "Best Management Practices" to maintain a strong brand image.
- Monitors chick placements, bird weights, flock movements, mortality and feed inventories.
- Assesses bird health, administers proper field vaccinations, prescribes treatment and performs various testing on birds to identify disease and relay finds to management.
- Supports other departments within the company that are impacted by the producers on assigned route by maintaining good open lines of communication between all parties.
- Complies and follows company requirements regarding bio-security, food safety and poultry welfare programs and policies at all times.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner complying with all company policies, state and federal requirements. A
- Bachelors degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science or Agribusiness Management. Years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 0-5 years.
- Must have a valid driver#39;s license with no points.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong reading, math, writing communication skills (oral and written), analytical skills and a statistical background.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Must be physically able to work in all locations including hatcheries, feed mills, chicken houses and processing plants. 2. Exposed to seasonal weather conditions as well as significant amount of airborne dust, feathers, 3. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. 4. Exposure to chicken manure and associated odors, including ammonia, especially in the production houses. 5. Required to perform moderate physical exertion to include pushing pulling and lifting up to 75 lbs. 6. Must be able to climb to a height of 30#39; as well as significant amount of bending, lifting and stooping.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.