The Flavor Chemist will play an essential role in expanding the flavor department through the creation of conduct product testing, match flavors, and develop new flavors and flavor products. This individual will collaborate with the applications teams to develop flavor systems and provide innovative on-trend concepts. expand the flavor library through creation of new flavors for food applications. Additionally, this individual will have experience in a broad array of flavor types, with an emphasis on savory, for multiple applications including plant based, sauces, and seasonings.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Expands flavor library through the creation of new flavors for food, pet, and tobacco applications.
- Participates in the execution of strategic sales presentations, in conjunction with sales department.
- Evaluate and introduce new raw materials to deliver on flavor requests and requirements.
- Sets priorities and timelines for the agreed upon customer projects as assigned and executes with little to no direction.
- Collaborates with department members and applications to achieve best solution for project, including cost feasibility.
- Supports customer sampling program through the coordination and supply of outgoing samples.
- Collaborate and support sales representative to establish constructive working relationships with customer and provide feedback on requests in a timely manner.
- Manage and train trainee flavorists and laboratory technicians as needed.
- Research new raw materials to help expand the current masking technology portfolio
Key Qualifications Include:
- Bachelors degree in Food ScienceBachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field, or equivalent flavor development work experience is required.
- Minimum of 7 years creating flavors and working in the foodIn-depth knowledge of the food and flavor industry.
- Appropriate math skills including the ability to use numbers in a formula format and convey quantities among different units of measurement.Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Certification by a recognized authority in the flavor field preferred.
- Experience with Masking Agents
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.