At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
Working with the Sales and Operations Planning function, develop monthly and weekly production schedules in order to match plant operating capacity with customer needs. Function as a key member of the site leadership team.
- Work with Customer Service to understand customer requirements.
- As part of a corporate team and in conjunction with the overall Sales and Operations Planning function, assign production to specific plants based on customer needs and plant capacity with the dual objectives of achieving excellent customer service results while optimizing company-wide manufacturing performance.
- Using a working knowledge of plant manufacturing capacity and capability, develop a specific production schedule that aligns with customer orders.
- Utilizing the existing ERP process and protocols, communicate the specific schedule to the plant planning function.
- Monitor progress, adjust where needed, and communicate status and changes to Customer Service, plant Planning, Warehousing / Distribution, and other groups as necessary.
- Develop ideas for continuous improvement in order to optimize planning and manufacturing processes.
What you bring to the table
- Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university
- Practical, cross functional experience in many of the following areas:
- Sales and Operational Planning
- Planning and Scheduling in a manufacturing environment
- Production Supervision
- Materials Planning
- Customer Service
- Supply Chain Planning Systems development
- Ability to develop a detailed understanding of manufacturing capabilities and capacities.
- Great communications skills and proven ability to work cross functionally in a collaborative and integrated operating environments
- Experience with ERP tools and Data Warehouse.
- Strong written, mathematical and reasoning skills.
- Word, Excel and related applications is essential. Very strong Excel skills, both using and developing automated tools.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!