The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for consolidations, preparation of the financial statements as well as preparation of tax schedules and tax returns, and ensuring that all transactions and documentation complies with US GAAP. Prepares necessary information for financial and/or management reporting, tax and audit compliance, and other organizational needs. This person also performs research to key accounting standards and document company position to certain accounting items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and presents financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, and cash-flow reports.
- Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures all financial reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supervises monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly financial statements.
- Coordinates annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization#39;s financial status and progress.
- Ensures compliance with statutory tax reporting.
- Manage and supervise staff and work to continuously develop and motivate team.
- Support the internal and external audit and quarterly reporting process to parent company by resolving questions and providing requested schedules in a timely manner.
- Supports the federal and state tax reporting function, including compliance data collection, reporting and audit support.
- Research complex accounting and/or tax issues, recommends proper treatment, issues accounting positions.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
Minimum degree and experience required:
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or Business required. MBA or CPA desirable. Minimum of ten years of related experience and/or training as Accounting Manager for a multi-plant manufacturing company desirable.
- Experience in condiments, liquid condiments, or consumer products industry is highly desirable.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards. Commitment to company values.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate staff. Ability to delegate effectively, set expectations, and monitor delegated activities.
- Recommend process improvement to improve and promote quality of function, and accuracy and thoroughness in results.
- Ability to work with all levels of management as a member of the management team. Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills with ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Knowledge of Microsoft 365 desirable. Knowledge of SAP/D365 desirable. Knowledge of BPC required.
- High energy individual that is a self-starter and willing to take on assignments outside their comfort zone.
Performance Expectations: Confidentiality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; IT savvy-ability to leverage systems, ability to gain the trust and respect of management and coworkers; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the Department.
Working Conditions: Work is performed largely in an office environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines and other concerns.