Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and the city of Cleveland, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area was ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the US by Forbes Magazine? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world\u2019s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it\u2019s about enriching you. In this role you will serve as the financial analyst co-pilot, reporting to the Finance Manager, supporting the portfolio businesses within the Meals Division.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an agile, results oriented team where your experience will allow you to thrive and make a substantial impact? Are you known as a leader in your field? Are your ready for the next level and challenge in your career?
If this sounds like you, consider your next starring role as a Finance Analyst supporting the Prepared Foods Division at Nestle.
We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative, Finance Analyst who can think out of the box to get results.
As the Finance co-pilot analyst you will be responsible for supporting the brand as a strategic business partner to the commercial team including brand marketing, sales, and other key business functions.
This co-pilot role is a great opportunity that will see you playing a co-leadership role by providing the team with accurate and timely financial information and analyses, making and implementing sound recommendations to profitably grow the business, as well optimizing existing product portfolios. You will operate as a key co-pilot resource, supporting the finance manager in streamlining processes and implementing standard methodologies across the businesses. Key areas of responsibility include new product feasibility, business/portfolio optimization, commercial investment return on investment analyses, management of the advertising & promotion (PFME) budget, ongoing business reviews, and special projects.
You have the ability to think strategically while dealing with complexity, be comfortable with ambiguity, prioritize workload efficiently in an environment of competing objectives, and effectively interact, collaborate and communicate across multiple functions to promote alignment and influence business results.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage/Facilitate/Participate in key processes, working closely with cross-functional business partners
- Understand and challenge volume, sales, trade, cost, PFME and other inputs for forecast
- Identify and quantify risks and opportunities to the forecast and communicate them to key partners
- Recommend standard methodologies to improve forecast accuracy and Monthly Business Planning process
- Improve business profitability through new product offerings and existing product renovations
- Collaborate with business partners to develop profitable product offerings & lead SKU rationalization
- Set cost, marginal contribution, and profit targets and help determine price & trade strategy
- Understand financial impact on product mix and ensure product portfolio reflects short and long term brand strategy
- Contribute to business optimization with thorough financial analyses and recommendations
- Perform P&L reviews with cross functional partners and propose action plans to improve business
- Evaluate the commercial, operational, and financial impacts of on-going business decisions and work closely with cross-functional partners to develop recommendations and implement actions
- Perform ad hoc analysis and work on special projects as requested by management
- Assist with projects that may include but not limited to: streamline or automate processes, reduce business or process complexities or waste, implement new processes, evaluate new product platform / distribution channel / customer strategies, and perform advanced excel modeling, etc.
- Support the initiatives of NUSA through active participation in cross-functional teams
- BA/BS with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business degree, coursework up to and including intermediate accounting preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years\u2019 experience in Accounting/Finance, previous food industry or CPG experience a plus
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and working knowledge of Smartview, SAP and B/W. Advanced expertise in Excel spreadsheets is a requirement
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to understand and communicate the drivers of product profit and loss
- Complex financial modeling skills
- Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income and cash flow statements
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and principles including cost accounting, activity based costing, cash flow, NPV, IRR, return on investment, Economic Profit, etc.
- Working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and/or International Accounting Standards (IAS), knowledge of Nestle Accountings Standards (NAS) a plus
STRONGLY PREFERRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
- You are results focused, a self-starter with strong initiative, naturally inquisitive, able to think independently and has a desire to make a difference
- Effectively manage competing priorities by choosing those deliverables that will have the highest impact on the performance results
- Manage/organize time, information, and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis
- Network across functional and divisional silos
Influence business decisions with concrete financial support
- Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
- Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative
- Partner with the customer / other functional teams to drive business results and meet deliverables
- Recommend possible strategic courses of action to capitalize on business opportunities
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal form, including presentation skills
- Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.