McCormick & Company, Inc., a world leader in the spice, flavor and seasonings industry, is seeking a full time Financial Analyst II to join our Finance Division. This new hire will work in McCormick#39;s Global HQ in Hunt Valley, MD. The Financial Analyst II will report to a Hiring Manager title.
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
Business Partner working towards company goals and objectives by developing and leveraging expertise with financial systems and processes. Develop and in-depth understanding of system configuration including: data sources, data flows, calculations, etc. Understand system requirements and associated business processes and administer they system to meet business needs. Serve as a contact point for users to answer questions, investigate and resolve issues and drive improvements. May be assigned projects or analyses in support of system enhancements, process efficiencies, optimizations and analyses of operational results. Provides periodic reports and special analysis for management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With high level guidance, gather and analyze data to create forward financial information in support of management needs. Clearly articulate the methodology and all key assumptions used in the analysis. Prepare and deliver management presentations that summarizes key assumptions, findings, and conclusions
- Responsible for critical elements of system administration and support. Maintain critical elements of system administration, performing data validation activities, forecast set up, cost run and/or assessment maintenance, problem identification and assisting with the investigation and resolution of data and system issues. Make recommendations to management for system resolution and optimization. Research and respond to user questions and concerns about the system. Creates, delivers and/or manages delivery of training sessions, user groups or addressing direct questions from users globally as applicable. Researches and responds to user questions and concerns about the system. Understand the key transactions and reports, as applicable, used by the functions and businesses supported (in SAP R3, BW, TM1 and local systems), being able to follow data flow and the systems basic principles as well as understanding the calculation of key fields and how they are used in reporting & analysis.
- With limited guidance from management, provide project management and/or thought leadership in projects to improve processes and leverage the power of McCormick#39;s financial systems (i.e. SAP, BW, TM1 and local systems) . Lead discussions with business partners to define business requirements. Research new features and functionality. Develop and execute both functional and integrated test plans to validate any system or process changes or enhancements
- Maintains an effective control environment and SOX compliance. Able to identify areas of potential control weakness, suggest and implement solutions to minimize risk.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in Finance, including Tax (Business or Accounting)
- 5+ years experience in accounting / financial planning & analysis
- Understanding of the business characteristics of the local market and competitors
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of financial and analytical techniques and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of professional accounting rules, standards and pronouncements.
- Awareness that there may be tax implications associated with providing business analysis and support
- Experience consulting in application design and implementation
- Experience participating on projects, supporting finance initiatives with the business
- CPA, Cognos BI and/or TM1 Certifications
- Hands on experience with financial systems, especially SAP, BW, TM1 and other OLAP systems
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.