Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
We are looking for a Tax Manager to support all activities, primarily related to direct tax matters such as preparing and managing the Federal and state income tax filing process, and assist with any indirect tax matters, including tax examinations, sales tax software implement, and various other special projects.
Prepare, review and manage all aspects of federal, state, and international income tax compliance including the timely filing of the consolidated federal income tax return, related foreign forms 5471s/5472s, & multi-state returns, including preparing apportionment factors schedules and state workpapers.
- Review U.S. indirect tax compliance, including sales & use tax, property tax, business license workpapers and filing tax returns, annual reports, etc.
- Review monthly account reconciliations for sales & use tax, Canadian GST/HST/QST, and other tax accounts to ensure accuracy to the general ledger balances.
- Review Federal and state income tax estimates, extensions, and tax payments.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual US tax provision in accordance with ASC 740, tax memos, tax footnote disclosures, including coordination with external auditors.
- Compile support for any U.S. Federal, state and local, international income and non-income tax examinations.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the Canadian income tax provision and tax returns for review by outside providers.
- Perform research on various tax issues to assist the Direct of Tax.
- Assist and support special tax projects regarding all aspects of income taxes from time to time.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor s degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 10+ years of industry and/or public accounting experience
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of tax preparation, including use of Onesource tax software and e-filings
- Ability to perform research and writing
- Understanding of U.S. federal and state tax laws
- Strong tax research and team player
- Proficient with Excel (Vlookups/sumif/formulas)
At Aspire Bakeries, the health and safety of our associates is our number one priority. In fact, CARE is one of our Core Values. That s why all offers of employment, where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to pass our pre-employment requirements.
Candidates may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them, a medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination, or because of a disability. Candidates may also be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation if receiving the vaccine conflicts with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Requests for exemption and reasonable accommodation must be initiated by the candidate prior to date of hire.
*All medical information collected from candidates, including vaccination information and test results, obtained during the pre-employment process, will be treated in accordance with applicable laws and policies on confidentiality and privacy.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.