Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Livonia Michigan Facility is currently seeking aFinance BI & Reporting Lead to join our Information Technology team. The essential function of this position is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users. The Business Intelligence Specialist is also responsible for ensuring high levels of BI availability and accuracy through support functions and in-depth testing.
This role can be located at either of our 2 Main offices (Kingsville, ON or Livonia, Michigan)
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
Strategy & Planning
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Anticipate future demands of initiatives related to people, technology, budget and business within your department and design/implement solutions to meet these needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of business efforts.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that support key business decisions.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics
- Lead integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Design, code, test, and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Develop semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Develop graphs and portal interfaces.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, create design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Work with business owners to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to the organization’s business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Arrange and manage external resources as required to meet project and business objectives
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 8-10 years related work experience.
- Education and/or certifications with experience in SDLC is desired.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience with tier-one BI applications. Preference given to Targit, Power BI, and SSRS.
- Experience with OLAP and cubes. Preference given to MS-SSAS
- Experience analyzing, aggregating, and modeling data
- Experience in supporting large scale mission critical systems.
- Experience in Database Management Systems and SQL (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Experience in Report development tools Jet Reports, SSRS
- Experience in automation tools, Microsoft Flow
- Experience with System Development Lifecycle methodology
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint)
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Experience with SQL, stored procedures ETL (MS T-SQL and SSIS preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Written, Oral, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
- Ability to work with and appropriate communicate with all levels of staff from shop floor workers to executive management team.
- Self-motivated and desire to learn/acquire new skills
- In-depth knowledge of Distribution Logistics and Supply Chain Planning and Execution operations including Order Processing, Production Planning, Inventory Control, Quality Control, Warehouse Management, Shipping and Transportation Management
- Basic understanding of Financial Reports
- Experience in working in team/collaborative environment
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Work onsite at main distribution center in Livonia, MI
- Periodic travel to other company sites (within US/Canada) – May require extensive travel for periods of time when implementing at new sites
- Ability to provide on-call support remotely during evenings and weekends.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Able to maneuver and work inside the warehouse environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
Please note: Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put into place.